Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Daddy's last 3rd year weekend call

That's right, two weekends ago, daddy took his final weekend call for his 3rd year of fellowship. Now, I'm not really sure why this is such a big deal, as starting July 1, daddy will be on call EVERY day for an entire year, but he assures me, he will no longer be a stranger in our own home. Personally, I'm withholding judgment until I actually see a change. Here are a few pics from that weekend. Daddy got called in early on Saturday morning, but was home by 4pm to go strawberry picking with the rest of us and then on Sunday, he didn't get called in at all, at least, while I was awake... So Sunday, we headed to the Taste of Ann Arbor, a big party that shuts down the main streets in Ann Arbor, as it's the finish line for the Ann Arbor - Dexter Marathon. We headed downtown to try yummy food, listen to great music and run into lots of friends from around town.


Mommy, Remi and I headed to the farmers market Saturday morning to pick up our first farm-share of the season. I, of course, got distracted by the construction...


Soccer has been a challenge for me, as it only happens once a week, I'm a bit slow to feel comfortable on the field. Mommy says I peeked too early... The first game, it's all been downhill since then, and NOT in a good way.


My number one fan, always on the sidelines clapping for me, even if I'm not playing!


My strawberry box, empty, as I started to pick... Well, it ended up empty as well, since I ate every strawberry I picked and tried to eat mommy and daddy's as well!


Remi, navigating the strawberry field.


Photo op with daddy


As you can see by Remi's shirt, she sampled a few strawberries as well


Our roses in bloom in the side garden. They are so pretty. I'm not sure why mommy is cursing every time she weeds that section of garden.


Remi and I anxiously awaiting the band to start. We were enthralled, even by the sound check!


Remi, sucking down fried plantains from daddy's hand


movin' in for the kill... C'mon daddy, you know you want to give me more...


Gotcha! The look works every time.


Jumping rope in the kids section



The library had a "Rock the Booth" photo booth set up, and they were giving away free photo strips. We had lots of fun in the booth.


Just a random photo of Remi, this is what she looks like when mommy forgets to take the bowl of cottage cheese off her tray...


No comments:

Post a Comment