Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fathers Day 2010

We attempted to make daddy's father day weekend a special one. First off, he got to sleep in BOTH days, which took incredible restraint from Remi and me. I mean seriously, daddy is never home when we wake up and then on a weekend when daddy is home, mommy tells us to let him sleep. C'mon lady, are you crazy?! Saturday morning we got up and slowly started our day and then headed to our favorite nursery to purchase flowers for the house. Sure we were a month late into the planting, but we timed it right, as the nursery just marked all their flowers down by 50%. We took advantage of the swagger wagon's ability to fold down the third row and loaded up the back with flowers.

Then on Sunday, the big day, daddy slept in and we brought him breakfast in bed and gave him our gifts. Remi and I each made a book for him and mommy gave him a kickstand for his bike. After the gifts were given, we once again loaded up the car and headed to Gallup Park, where we embarked on an hour long canoe trip up the river. This was Remi's first time in a canoe and she loved it, or most of it, the last 10 minutes she basically screamed, but still, she lasted for an hour. Way longer than I did on my first canoe trip. Then it was off to lunch and nap time.

After nap we headed back to Gallup park b/c the men in the family wanted to fish. And get this... I CAUGHT MY FIRST FISH!!!! Sure, I've been to a trout farm and caught a fish, but that was guaranteed. This was in the river, I casted it out, saw my bobber go under and reeled it in. We were all so excited. I told anyone who happened to be canoeing by and did several, "I caught my first fish" dances. Of course, we didn't actually plan on catching anything, so we took a ziploc from the diaper bag... instant fish holder. I decided to name my fish mosquito and couldn't wait to take him home and cook him up for dinner. Later on in the afternoon, I caught another fish, well sort of... This one was big, real big, and his name was daddy. Yup, that's right, I caught him with my hook right in the back, needless to say, that ended our trip. Then it was home to cook up mosquito for dinner.

Mosquito was small, really small. So small, we probably weren't allowed to keep him. He did produce about 5 bites of fish, which I gobbled right up. I did decide to share one with Remi and she was none too happy about only getting one.

All in all we had a great father day and we hope daddy did too!


The minivan filled with flowers


Remi's first canoe trip


she loved to paddle


it was so pleasant, we were on the look out for turtles, but found none...


Me and mosquito


Remi got kind of bored fishing


Everybody, meet mosquito


cookin' him up


sharing with remi


YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment